Sunday, January 18, 2009

There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around by Vivian Vande Velde


What do you do when your annoying little sister has imaginary friends? You ignore her, of course. But Ted becomes less annoyed and more intrigued when his sister Vicki’s imaginary friends take a very scary turn. When the two ghostly visitors gets into Ted’s dreams and start to do some real haunting, Ted needs to dig into the history of his house to find out what they want, and how to stop them from hurting anyone in order to get it. When Ted finds a journal belonging to an ancestor, he begins to untangle the mystery and works toward helping these ghosts find their rest after so many years. A spooky ghost story, and extremely satisfying as a problem-solving mystery.


Cool web site:




Go to Vivian Van Velde’s web site. Click on the Books for Teens, or the Books for 8 to 14 year olds. There are so many great titles! She does fantasy, fairy tales turned on their ears, and cyber fiction. Check it out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo! I love a good scary story! Can I put this on hold? I can't wait to get my hands on this book!!

Anonymous said...

This book was a really good book and I would recomend it to anyone who likes scary and creepy books.

Anonymous said...

This book is scary and recomend this book to grades 6-9. It is about crimes, and ghosts, however that is what makes this book so interesting and scary!

Anonymous said...

I read the book There Is A Dead Person Following My Sister Around. in my opinion, i like scary books, but not too scary. if you like scary books that bring mystery , this would be a good book for you . i am a sixth grader who really liked this book and a lot of my freinds liked it to.
Arianna
Woodridge Elem.
6th grade

Anonymous said...

This book is really good!!!!!!! I love reading scary books and this is one of the best by far!!!!! i love how this book had a surprised ending.

Jennifer I. Woodridge Elem. school 6th grade

Anonymous said...

I wasn't very into this book. It didn't really catch my attention. I really like books that make you want to turn the page before you're even done with it, but this book didn't really desplay that for me.


Siobhan S.
Grade 6
Woodrige Elementary

Anonymous said...

Great Book!

Anonymous said...

I love scary books and mystery.It talks about how his sister's imaginary friend haunts his dreams. -Waleska Grade 6,Woodridge Elementary