Thursday, January 15, 2009

Skeleton Man by Joseph Bruchac


If you like scary stories, you'll love Skeleton Man. When Molly's parents mysteriously disappear, a creepy "great-uncle" she's never met before arrives and takes her to live with him. He locks her in her room at night and looks an awful lot like the "skeleton man" from the Native American tales her father told her. Molly's dreams of her Native American heritage give strength, courage, and clues to save herself and solve the mystery of her parent's disappearance as the story of the "Skeleton Man" becomes reality for Molly.

If you want more spooks from Joseph Bruchac, read The Skeleton Man Returns!

Find out more about Joseph Bruchac at his website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. It was scary and very intersting. If I can, I am going to read it again.
Deavana
Eden Park School

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. It's scary and exciting. I really like to read scary books. I can't wait to read Skeleton Man Returns. I am glad there's another book about it. I can't wait to read it.
Camila M.
Grade 6
E.S.Rhodes Elem.

Anonymous said...

I really think this book wasn't that good because there weren't that many cliffhangers in this book and they had a dead giveaway that the man was a skeleton.

Kush
Woodridge school
Grade 6