Sunday, January 18, 2009

Out from Boneville by Jeff Smith


We meet the Bone threesome in Book#1 under very trying circumstances. Due to one of Phone Bone's financial swindles, the three Bone cousins have been exiled from Boneville and they are lost and disheartened. Fone, the goodhearted hero, tries to lead the group on to find water and whatever else can be had, while looking out for his cousins. Turns out, the valley is populated by bugs, rats, a dragon, and even humans! Thorn and her Cow Racing Gran'ma take Fone Bone under their wings. We soon get the idea that something is not quite right as Gran'ma gets the "gitchy" feeling that's an omen of bad things to come....

Watch the video where Jeff Smith takes us to the setting for
Bone #6 Old Man's Cave

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

My comments about the Bone Series are that I’m glad Jeff Smith made the Bone books in color. Also, my favorite Bone book is #4. I picked it because it was funny when the villagers and Phoney Bone capture the dragon and try to kill it. But my favorite Bone is Smiley Bone. I remember when he was in the cow race. That was funny. Last I would recommend this to people because it is funny and the adventure is awesome.

Nathan F.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

I also like these books alot. I like Fone bone even though he is like the main character.The first Bone book I read is Bone: The eyes of the storm. Out of all of them that I have read that is my favorite.I like the illustrations. They are unlike any other illustrated books I have ever read.

Maddy M. Grade 6 E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

I really love the Bones books. They’re really funny and adventurous. I love it when Fone Bone talks about his favorite book, Moby Dick, to someone and he or she falls asleep.

My favorite characters are Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, Smiley Bone, Thorn, Gran’ma Ben and Lucius. I kind of like the two stupid rat creatures. My favorite Bone books are Out From Boneville, The Great Cow
Race and Rock Jaw.

I like The Great Cow Race because I like Phoney Bone’s scheme of making Smiley Bone dress up like a cow to win the villagers’ livestock race.

Desserae B.
Grade 6
E.S Rhodes

Anonymous said...

I really like the Bone books. I feel that they are great for all ages. They are somewhat exciting and are good for fun reading.

Hannah F.

Anonymous said...

out from boneville is a great book i've read bone books 1,2,3,6,and 8 [all very good] my favorite character is smiley and I love his baby rat creature friend bartleby. My favorite book is the 8th one. If you like adventure, comic books,and funny characters you'll love bone
Paloma grade 6 woodridge elementary

Anonymous said...

I would recommend this book to ages 5-13 because it is humorous and has a lot of adventure.

Jonathan
Woodridge School
Grade 6

Anonymous said...

I think the book was good because it had alot of action and adventure.

Joshua, grade 6

Woodridge Elementry