Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poppy by Avi


Poppy is a tiny deer mouse. She lives with a huge deer mouse family. The problem? They’re running out of food. Mr. Ocax, the great horned owl, and ruler of the Dimwood Region, demands permission for any movement the mice wish to do. He is also the protector of them. Lungwort, the father of Poppy and the rest of the mice family, prepares a speech for a movement to go to a place called New House where there is plenty of food. When he gives his speech to Ocax, Ocax denies halfway through. So, Poppy and Lungwort are confused. Why wouldn’t Mr. Ocax let them move to New House? Is there something there that Mr. Ocax doesn’t want them to know about? Well, Poppy doesn’t take no for an answer. She wants to find out, so she prepares to walk there. If you want to know what is at New House and see if Poppy succeeds, than I suggest you read this exciting, can’t put down, adventure book.This book is awesome! I couldn’t put it down! Whenever I read I didn’t want to stop. I would think other readers would think the same thing as me. So, if your near your public library, and you need a book, I check this one out!

Vito N.

Woodridge School

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this book because it is very adventurous, but I don't like the thought of an owl dying.
Daniel, grade 6
Woodridge Elementary school

Anonymous said...

I have read this book a thousand times and it seems to fall under my favorite books. Even though it is a short book, "Poppy" is one of the best out there.

Aine M.
Grade: 6
E. S. Rhodes Elementary School