Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket


I really loved this book, The Ersatz Elevator. Lemony Snicket must have put a lot of deep thought into this book. When the three Baudelaire’s, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny, try to get to the bottom of Esme Squalor’s dark and mean scheme, they encounter a little bump in the road. As they are trying to get out of Esme and Jerome’s penthouse apartment, they’re stuck. No one will let them out to get to the police. At this penthouse, there is an extremely odd elevator that is never to be used, however the Baudelaire’s figure out how this elevator works. This odd elevator is really a secret hideout and the only way down is to climb using a rope. Will Violet, Klaus, and Sunny get down the elevator, or will they be stuck in the penthouse forever?

This book is one of my favorites. When Sunny was trying to climb down the elevator, her brother and sister kept cheering her on. That is what I like in a story. Also, it kept you hanging at every chapter. I would always have a hard time taking my eyes off of each page.

Brooke D.

Woodridge School

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this book! I couldn't put it down because of the mystery, action, and scariness.
Savannah, Grade 6
Woodridge School