Friday, May 22, 2009

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan


The fifth book in the Percy Jackson series is the best! In this book the gods are in trouble. Percy Jackson has just turned sixteen and, according to the great prophesy, he will have to make a decision of great importance that will save or destroy the gods. He and his fellow campers, along with hunters from the third book, must defend New York from Kronos' armies. Percy has to deal with monsters, dying friends, angry Titans, gods, a spy, and temptation. There are many twists and turns and the hero of the prophecy is not the person you expect. This book answers questions that have arisen in the series. I would recommend this book to anyone that at least liked one of them. Read this one last, read it slowly and with care.


I hope Rick Riordan writes another book or series that fulfills the new prophecy that's made in the end. I would not mind some new characters.
Ben L.
Grade 6
E. S. Rhodes

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Ben. I have only read the second one but I liked. I think I am going to read the last one if I ever get the third one.

Maddy M.
grade 6
E.S. Rhodes elem.

Anonymous said...

Dear mrs. rose,
The last olympian was the best book in the series.I hope they make more books like Rick Riordan's books.

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Percy Jackson series and I feel that this book was a great way to conclude the series.

Hannah F.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

This book has the most action ever. You can't put this book down until your done. It is very easy to follow. The only thing I don't like is the series only has five books. It also has the best ending.

Anonymous said...

I extremely liked the Last Olympian. It is about a boy courageous boy named Percy Jackson, son of Posidean, god of the sea. With his friends Annebeth daughter of Athena, and his friend grover the strayr, half goat half human. Percy and his friend soon relize their destiny and work togather to fight the titan, and the minors gods who felt betrayed.


Joseph P.
Grade 6
Woodridge elem.

Anonymous said...

This book was the best book on the series. It has a lot of intresting parts im it. I would rate thid book out of ten a 100! Thats how good it is. Watch the movie The Lightning Thief on Feb 12.

Abdiel. M
Woodridge School

Unknown said...

This book sounds REALLY exciting! I'll probably read it ( when I learn how to read fast!) I wish I could go to the movie The Lighting Thief today!




Siobhan S.
Woodridge School

Anonymous said...

I liked this book a lot! I hope the new greek god series he is writing is equal or even better than these. I recomend this to anyone.


Sean M.
grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

The Percy Jackson books are one of my favorite series. All five books I loved but the Last Olympian and did a great job of ending the series. I can't wait until the next camp half-blood series comes out.



Sophia J.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

Declaring war, the demigods have to work together and help beat the Titan leader Kronus. This book is fantastic, and ends on a happy note. Everyone should read this book, it is a page turner and you will not be able to put this book down.

Aliana
Woodridge School
Grade 6

Anonymous said...

This book is absolutely amazing! It keeps you reading until the very end. Each page is jam-packed with excitement and adventure. This is DEFINITELY one of my favorites!!!!!

Ally
Woodridge Elementary
Grade 6

Anonymous said...

I think that this is a fantastic book in Rick Riordan's series. So far every page that i read so far i was biting my fingernails. It felt like an actual movie that i was watching. In Last Olympian, Percy Jackson was brave and courageous. Overall, the book was exciting, mysterious, and a spectacular book.
Sam, Grade 6
Woodridge Elementary