Friday, January 6, 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Catching Fire, in my opinion is a fantastic book. It is the sequel to the Hunger Games, but make sure you read the first one first. Catching Fire starts off with Katniss and Peeta waiting for their victory tour to begin. Then however, Katniss is told that after her performance in the games, she must prove that she and Peeta are madly in love. If this fails, the entire nation could be thrown into rebellion. The victory tour is a whirlwind of emotions for the two of them and before they know it, the Quarter Quell, is upon them. However, soon there is a twist that could change their lives for the better or for the worse. This is one of the best books I have ever read. It provides action, suspense, romance and a huge twist at the end. If I had to rank this book out of every book I have ever read, this one would be in the top five. Suzanne Collins has done a fantastic job on this book and an even better job on the series as a whole. If you liked the Hunger Games you will love this book and the next one in the series, Mockingjay.

Out of the websites concerning the Hunger Games Trilogy, I feel this one is the best.


Nat H.

E.S. Rhodes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacob St. Jean E.S. Rhodes Elementary

This is a very nice review on this book, but, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the ''best of the series'' compliment. I perfectly know that this was your opinion, but let me shed some light on mine. I found this book to be, well, horrid. The first book was great, and I wanted to read the second one, but after I finished it, I didn't want to read the third book. That's because of this book right here. I found it boring, this book's game wasn't nearly as good as the first games, the deaths were predictable, and the characters became repetitive over time. This was also a bit hard to follow, and I didn't enjoy the ending. You or anybody at that don't have to agree with me, but again, this is my opinion.