Friday, January 8, 2010

Skeleton Creek By: Patrick Carman


Welcome to Skeleton Creek. The book, Skeleton Creek, is about two teenagers trying to unlock the secrets of Skeleton Creek. Their names are Sarah Fincher and Ryan McCray. Sarah is adventurous and not afraid of anything. On the other hand, Ryan is easily scared. Ryan loves writing in his journal. (Ryan writes all of their adventures in it.) Sarah loves video recording and records everything she finds. Sarah sends the video to Ryan so that you can watch it on your computer. They go to the dredge where most of the action takes place. Whenever they go there, they risk their lives and then they're forbidden to see each other but they do anyway. You'll have to read the book to get the other juicy information. "Read the book, watch the video and uncover the mystery." I'll give you a clue: New York Gold and Silver. You're going to hear that word all the time so start thinking about what it means.

P.S. There is a Skeleton Creek 2 called Ghost In The Machine but I wish Patrick Carmen would do a third one.

Visit the web site if you dare.


Stephanie G.
Grade 6
ES Rhodes

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this book in my class and it is a good way to scare yourself. I feel that the videos add a lot to it.

Hannah F.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

This book leaves you hanging. it is always keeping you on edge.However it was a great book to read and I really enjoyed it .Its cool funny and many other things.

by : Bianca C woodidge

Anonymous said...

The book and video leaves you hanging but it makes you want to read and watch more.
Emma G.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

When we read it in class our teacher says no more reading,we always try to force her to read more. If you like mysteries, I would recommend this to you.

Sean M.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

My class read this and every video was so scary. My teacher always tortured us by leaving us on a cliff hanger slipping off the edge. Any way if your looking for a scare than read this.

Matthew L.

Grade 6

E.S Rhodes

Anonymous said...

Skelaton Creek is a really great book. This book is also for boys and girls of any sort. Skelaton Creek is a scary book for some people. A lot of people like this book because of the videos they have in the book after every chapter. One day I hope some of you out there read this series.
By:Jaida A
Grade:six
E.s Rhodes Elementary school

Anonymous said...

My class read this and every video was so scary. My teacher always tortured us by leaving us on a cliff hanger slipping off the edge. Any way if your looking for a scare than read this.

Matthew L.

Grade 6

E.S Rhodes

Anonymous said...

Skeleton Creek is one of my favorite series in sixth grade. The videos on Sara Fintcher.com are a very nice touch and help you figure out the mystery. If you have read the first book, Skeleton Creek Ryan's Journal, I would recommend the series. I love this book and I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I did.
PS: the series has a very twisted ending.

Lily P

Grade 6

E.S. RHODES

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. The series was well written. My favorite part was how the author included the videos to help you figure out the end. It makes it seem like your part of the book. It often leaves you hanging, which is where the videos come in. The book is so good. It will give you a good scare.

Brandon B.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes