Friday, January 8, 2010

Ghost in the Machine By: Patrick Carman


Ghost in the Machine is a sequel to Skeleton Creek. Ryan McCray is a 16 year old boy with a broken leg. His best friend, Sarah Fincher, is a 16 year old girl, who is fearless, and has a thirst for adventure. An internet search revealed that Old Joe Bush had stolen gold from the dredge when he worked there. The dredge is a machine that digs up land and finds gold. While Ryan and Sarah try to uncover the mystery, the ghost of Old Joe Bush is trying to keep them away. Sarah makes videos about their adventure and discovery. Will they unlock the secret of the dredge in time? I strongly recommend this book to people who like mystery, and a little scare.


Genna C.
E.S Rhodes
Grade 6

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Ghost in the Machine because it held my interest the whole time. I hope they make another one.

Anonymous said...

the ghost machine is very intresting.it keeps you wanting more and more.you will never want to put this book down .not even a sec

Anonymous said...

We just read the book and I loved it! I had already read the book along time ago but reading and watching the videos was awesome. I recommend this to anyone who liked the first book.


Sean M.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

I loved this book so much I read it again! It is awesome passwords and all. It would be cool if they made a movie. P.S., they made a third book the Crossbones and making a fourth The Raven.


Sean M.
E.S. Rhodes
Grade 6

Anonymous said...

That book was so good. I love the mystery and suspense. I would recommend you read the third book.

Damion C.
GRADE 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

This book is really good and interesting but some of the videos make me jump. Even though some of the videos are just informational you should really pay attention.

By: Natori H
Grade: 6
E.S Rhodes

Anonymous said...

Ghost in the Machine is a wonderful book that I enjoyed with the rest of my 6th grade class. It was plenty scary and i recommend it to all 6th graders, who enjoy a good scare every now and then. (The videos) I know the reader will enjoy the informational/scary videos.

Jacinda.A
Edward .S. Rhodes
6th Grade