Friday, April 9, 2010

No Talking By: Andrew Clements


Dave Packer and Lynsey Burgess  are enemies. They've never liked each other. Dave and Lynsey are in the same class. One day while Dave is reading about Ghandi, who often remained silent for a whole day, he thought of something. The next day, Dave and Lynsey get in a fight as usual. But this fight is about talking. Dave thinks that girls talk more than boys. Then, they make a bet. Dave bets that girls will talk more than boys in one day. So, it's boys against girls. They are only allowed to say three words in each sentence. No talking for two WHOLE days. Who will win?

I recommend this book for anyone who likes challenges and betting.
 

For the latest novels by Andrew Clements, visit his website.  

Genna C.
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THis book was fantastic! I didn't want to put it down, my eyes were glued to the page. I would recomend this book to anyone and everyone, except I can't because there is no talking aloud!

Isabel
Woodridge School
Grade 6

Alyssa said...

This book was really funny and kept me reading! I loved it!

Anonymous said...

This book was really good and funny and kept me reading. I think all people that like funny things would like this!

Alyssa
Woodridge
Grade 6

Anonymous said...

This book was amazing, and humorous. I loved how it was a competition between the boys, and the girls. If you have not read the book you should because no matter who you are this book has it all. It has mystery, laughter, and a surprising ending. I really enjoyed this book, and i would not mind reading it again, because it was so good. The whole time I was reading, I don't think I blinked, even once I was just so interested in the book.
Leah M
Grade 6
Woodridge Elementry School

Anonymous said...

This is great book and one of my favorites from Andrew Clements! He always has some way to wow me in all of his books! If you like Andrew Clements you should read A holiday Concert. My favorite of them all!
Anna Williams
Grade 6
E.S. Rhodes

Anonymous said...

“No Talking” by Andrew Clements is about to kids named Dave and Lindsey who have a contest to see who can stay quiet for the longest time. I think this is a real good book because it is about betting and funny ways they try to communicate without talking. Eventually both teams lose and find out that both sides need each other. Then at the end Dave and Lindsey become good friends. This is why I like no talking.
Gianna
grade 6
Orchard Farms Elementary School